Tuesday, January 27, 2015

In My Daydream

In my daydream we are back in school
and my nieces sing at the school concert,
Ave Maria by Gounod – just like Maria
Callas - and Stille Nacht just like the
Vienna Boys Choir – and there

My story stops as I replay these songs in
my head and listen every night, then my
highest ideal manifests again, I become
a young Christine who sings to a scarred
Phantom and wins his love and

Forgiveness through the beauty of my
devotion to heal the hole in his heart, in
my story, I leave with the Phantom and
see to it that he has a wonderful life, the
way I dream my dad would have had

If he had met his own Christine instead of
mother, the Queen of Hearts, shouting
“Off with his head” all the time…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...