Thursday, July 12, 2012

Face And Dismantle Hostilities


A fire hazard, exclaimed the fire chief,
this marquee is overflowing, too many
people, should a fire break out we can-
not evacuate everybody, there would
be a stampede - stop delegates from
entering

I am the sentinel ushering approaching
stragglers away - But I’m a speaker - said
the next delegate, a local VIP, a Casanova
in shiny suit and shinier smile insisted on
entering also, a TV crew descending en
masse

A photographer of celebrities, several
reporters and a radio announcer - It’s
okay - sighed the venue manager - you
tried your best, let them in, if they are
willing to face the risk, who are we to
force

Safety measures on them in this risky
world where social cohesion summits
are held to face and dismantle
hostilities?

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...