Thursday, July 12, 2012

Shine Joyously


My colleague Dea as cute as a button,
a vision in black and white, a picture to
delight my eyes and I told her so, limpid
blue eyes and an unsullied mind, hurt by
life as she allowed words to pierce her
confidence - she demurred: No, I’m dull,
Cheryl said I always looked so dull -
                 
Surprised I replied: Take criticism from
whom it comes, you cannot take Cheryl,
psychedelic colour schemes, as fashion
mogul, she must have been jealous and
wanted to inflict hurt; forgive her, jealousy
is not easy to control – but shine joyously
in your knowledge that you are beautiful

Dea smiled her surprise: Really? I laughed
Yes, and as of now I shall remind you
every day…

[Dea Swiegers, my colleague at Department
Arts and Culture, South Africa]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...