Sunday, July 15, 2012

Working Undercover

I walked in and mom said hallo, I wore a surgical mask to keep
my cold germs for myself and not infect mom scheduled for a hip
replacement operation; I refused to take her out for coffee given
it was cold, the wind strong, clouds blocking the sun, next thing
she wanted me to buy junk food as she refused to join the others
in the mess hall for vegetables and meat - I did not, then she
asked me to drive her friend (& mom, of course) to her daughter
as her daughter’s car did not start this morning - I refused the
irrational request, given the circumstances; then we meet her
friend Aunt Maida in the passage who tells me my sister is
expected tomorrow, so I thank mom facetiously for telling me
and she, unperturbed, replies – I forgot; my sister also did not
bother inform me – is this a tightly kept secret as of now? – so
I decided to do nothings as they feel it is the best way to go,
though I’m surprised, it does not change anything, if working
undercover makes them happy because I refuse to comply with
any of their irrational wishes - like driving new friends about
while mom is ill and has to be kept still; so be it…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...