Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Shine Like The Sun (REVISED)

Rearranged the white sitting room – proud of how
yellow flowers lift drabness it was clothed in as the
sun ebbs to its lowest on the horizon, a zenith which
brings such weak light the shady side of the world

looks like a black and white painting. Brought home
more flowers, placed in the corner where my white
lamp stands sentinel, saved from starkness of police
grilling by beads, spider-web festooned strings of

glistening pearl dewdrops. On a chair adorned with
its fabric lion rampant is my hat hung with a purple
scarf – then the coup de grace – silver curlicues on
transparent material placed on the armrests of

the couch – effect is total obfuscation of winter
sorrows, summer colours shining like the sun!

19 June 2013


No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...