Thursday, June 13, 2013

On Pedestals (Revised)

I reserve a special place for the admiration felt
for my big brothers when small, the only older
children I knew they seemed like gods on earth;
when they played with us toddlers it was as if the
sun came out, when they recounted tales of their
adventures my admiration  knew no bounds

Today I am glad I learned what such high feeling
is before tackling the world; an absolute love and
sisterly admiration nothing can stop, whenever it
wells up and floods my being with that wonderful
emotion I enjoy it unconditionally, though it may
at times irritate my elder siblings

It’s a privilege for me to offer sisterly affection, to
keep them on pedestals, a feeling more precious
than any fallibility of purest faith, I love untainted
admiration which makes me see rainbows, feel
warmth inside for no other reason than knowing
they are alive and mine to love!

13 June 2013

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...