Wednesday, June 12, 2013

What Does True Freedom Look Like?

Feeling depressed I consulted my guru and he says
‘No matter what I do or where I go, I shall look for
things I like best’ – but looking at the routine work
on my desk makes me angry - only work without
interest - this is not what I want to see at all!

I want to see obstacles and challenges - just like
Sherlock Holmes who openly confessed he could
not stand a hum-drum existence, he only really felt
alive when deciphering clues or hot on the heels
of a criminal or two – the rest of the time he left

The world to itself and smoked his pipe, waiting
for the next big thing - it sounds impractical, but
what the heck - being human is very impractical,
every-thing we like is detrimental and guilty
pleasures like chocolate make our teeth rot –

What does true freedom look like? – I bet few
people know, only those who spent years locked
up in dungeons and made rats into pets – because
they have no craving for fattening chocolate and
have forgotten what temptation looks like…

12 June 2013

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...