Saturday, July 13, 2013

Love I Was Too Blind To See (REVISED)


As part of her welfare job my sis searched for homeless old
people – found an abandoned old lady who’s been working
at the post office, sorting letters for thirty years and sis
organised a welfare grant for her, bought the lady clothes
from her own pocket and rode her scooter all the way to

the State Hospital to visit the lady

While I was concerned with my sis’ tone of voice, harsh
and exasperated – not realising she was tired and over-
worked; without a car she had to ride everywhere on that
slow scooter, caring for the aged – and I was concerned
about sis’ lack of respect for my person, unaware that her
hard life made her impervious to convention


I was wrong yet again, repeating the mistake of my youth,
confusing refinement with integrity and love, looking at
appearances instead of morality and ethics – now my sis is
a saint in my eyes – I confess to being guilty of judging her
with superficial criteria, never shall I repeat this mistake
again, from now on I shall write her value


On the tables of my heart and remember her goodness and
the love she has shown me - the love I was too blind to see


Saturday 13 July 2013


[The secret of the Wings - I chose this as the picture for my
blogspot because Tinker Bell discovered her twin sister -
Periwinkle - and they could rejuvenate each other, cure each
other's wounds - their wings - and this is how I feel about my
twin sis right now, she went to such trouble to keep me in her
life while I did not realise the love she had for me - so I must
be Periwinkle, frozen in winter for ever...]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...