Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Smiling Security Guards [REVISION]

Early to Bank, call credit card bureau from the
desk, try to fix overdrawn credit card – they
demand my salary, back to Enquiries for a
Bank statement, no, gross income required,
exactly what I don’t have, I capitulate

Such a spendthrift, I realise increasing any
amount owed is crazy, there’s no way it will
ever be repaid – hope to be long dead before
the clarion call for recompense comes – tell
my beloved I’m overdrawn and he isn’t
angry at all

Breathe easy at last, celebrate a Great Escape
from my inner Alcatraz feeling, tomorrow I
can smile again, sing Hallelujah at the top
of my voice for smiling security guards

24 July 2013

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...