Monday, July 22, 2013

Showing What Is True [REVISED]

Is it difficult for men to treat their life partners
with kindness and respect – why hide love behind
façades of frustration and anger, and why must I
swallow my own irritation such that I cannot
communicate

I know your love’s intact, you strive hard ensuring
superb futures for the kids; but angry retorts and
brusque remarks erode old-fashioned decorum;
do men believe once they have a wife they need
never act respectfully again

As for romance, though only a fantasy it makes
it easier to face the grind of life; so why do you
need to try and break down the last vestiges of
such lovely concepts – simply because she who
obeys was inept and unwise to marry you?

Sharing emotion disgusts you such I have to
play a role; if I demur you explode, I aver most
humbly to your direction, become expert in a
game played by your rules, no room left for
natural devotion as I concentrate

On following His Highness’ rules made for his
own freedom, robbing me of my mine and then
asking why I’m so uptight – you’ll never guess,
will you? I know you love me, but a life without
courtesy and deference leaves no room

For showing what is true…

Sunday 21 July 2013

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...