Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Despair And Distress (Revised)

I cannot make escape from aching head and
claustrophobic dread, I might as well remain right
here and now and seek an answer to the cause
instead – but as of yet there’s none to find

‘In Thief of Time’ the clock is stopped, bogeymen
and monsters move with freedom unrestrained
while I am lost to nightmares in a world without
a rational guise - I cannot talk

I tried to clarify the case but words fell free into
an endless well and disappeared - walking out
felt wonderful, but on return the joy dissolved
and sank away, again I am struck dumb

Outside of time displaced where moments lead
to moments dreaded fear, trapped where only
pain and suffering exist, where ears will not or
cannot hear - I cannot hearken to

The gentle words without a curse of pain, my
ears inflate, mouth drawn taut, my body hurts
and neck is stiffened too implacably, the notes
of happiness I hope exist become a threat I fear

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...