Friday, July 15, 2011

Strength

The last stretch before the end, the last few days
before they remove the pins in her leg, impatience
growing, we are all on edge, Tiaan’s birthday almost
a non-event – he took it in his stride, he knows his
sister needs care

Living in limbo, thoughts stilled, my eyes focused on
the dream: Carine happy and well, laughing and dancing
again, sunshine in her eyes, sweet smiling lips, enjoying
spirited arguments with colleagues, victory over pain
and suffering, glad to live

The kitchen a mess, preparing nourishing meals, the cold
overpowering - dedicated like soldiers, though grumbling
when things go wrong; Carine fell today and she laughed,
her strong character and beautiful personality carrying
her through – she is tired

But will not give in – what a privilege to have her with us,
an opportunity for growing together, how marvellous that
her life was spared, how wonderful her steadfastness, she
is an example to me; I hope I learn from her to tackle life
with the same strength!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...