Friday, July 22, 2011

The Greatest Gift

We are learning to love unconditionally, even
when people are arrogant and selfish, lazy and
egotistic - we look for their good deeds, their
unique characteristics, we redeem them in our
hearts, keep a vision of them as clever and smart

even when they reject our offerings, our efforts
to help them, we never give up – because we are
humans, learning to transcend physical reality
by creating alternatives – and when we fail from
time to time, when overcome by dirt and grime

We can still turn our eyes back to our mind, use
the imagination to repaint the picture and rewrite
the script, choose different music, make new
scenery – so though I fail at times to support
my child in the choices she makes, though

I want something better for her, I can respect her
desire to do as she likes while keeping my vision
of her as happy and independent, walking and
running; clear in my mind, stop worrying about
the details – when I keep on fussing

I just drive her mad with my expectations; focusing
on the image of joy brings back my laughter and sets
her free to find her own path – the greatest gift of
being human: Freedom…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...