Thursday, October 27, 2011

Chagrined (Revised)

Reached new depths of spectacular failure today
could not stay awake for a riveting discussion on
the French elections – and couldn’t concentrate
on a stimulating news reel about endemic crime
in Marseilles

Nor express my joy in discovering Greek Robin
Hoods reconnecting electricity for the poor to save
their dignity or my delight in machines taking over
boring human jobs; it means seeking creative ways
to provide for our needs

My words fell into Sounds of Silence, even the star
pupil couldn’t break the spell, impossibly failed to
express what he felt, amazing in-depth discussion
on intricate French election procedures, blood-
curdling stuff by the way –

Must have fried our brains, words and terms ran
away pursued by a voracious language plague,
chastised and deeply chagrined I can only cry about
the time wasted trying to prepare for a spell in the
darkest part of hell…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...