Friday, October 21, 2011

Used To Be Like That

Joyously explained to our Scorpion how
wonderful yesterday’s class; Libra smiled,
twirled in delight, Madame La Pompadour
still not around, living in her own universe,
maybe peopled with even more wonderful
creatures than those in my own

Animated discussion of Madame’s frequent
illnesses enabling her to stay on cloud nine
or somewhere out of sight, turned my eyes
back to the new version of the Mabhabharata
playing in my mind, an intrigue triggered by a
creature decked in shimmering crystals

Stories flowing like velvet; I explained my belief
all spirits are eternal, Christophe said there would
not be space to house these in an [infinite] universe
I said spirits are like electricity and magnetism, do
not require space at all, Marius said philosophy is
lagging behind technology

I pointed out that he did not read philosophy, did
not keep track, how could he know, he agreed;
reading about spiritual effects made me forget
how materialistic Western thinking is, how small
the world, no concept of infinity – I used to be
like that – deeply unhappy in such

A blinkered, limited five-sensory state

FLEA Chronicles

[A grandiose dream to take my eyes from reality
once the dream came reality changed, thoughts
create the world we live in – but it is so difficult to
control my mind as so many personalities inside
my head vie to take the lead and I am just glad
when Alice succeeds!]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...