Sunday, October 2, 2011

How I Love (Revised)

The rain came with assuring displays of
Valkyrian thunder and lightning; at last
we can breathe again – showers have
cleansed the air and with an iniquitous
sun gone I can watch TV all day;

Tiaan stayed with a friend overnight, never
slept; sleeping now at midday. Nici said she
would like to adopt her friend’s adorable
boa constrictor, agreeably feed him mice,
I warned I would leave our home

A joyful discovery – I am flexible enough
to watch TV in the spiritual Lotus position
just like my book’s sweet protagonist;
watched Tales of Belle of Beauty and The
Beast; delighted – just how I would imagine

She must have spent her enchanted castle
days by herself with only servants under a
spell to take care of her – Nici so happy, her
friend is back, found her lost necklace
in the driveway

Texting us now with her Blackberry birthday
present from her room, at last we can plan a
proper celebration, she said with shining
eyes, condescending to share a restaurant
meal with her family –

Oh, I love my little world
with these wonderful kids…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...