Sunday, March 31, 2013

Amalgam Of Dreams (REVISED)

Tackled a ‘bureaucratic’ political text yesterday –
made such a mess it depressed me awfully, wasted
time and energy; succumbed to temptation hoping
to feel similar elation experienced buying special
writing paper, bought more at the same store

Enjoyed peering into its shiny cellophane binding,
Nici sneers at my taste, I love romance, promise,
horizons – not end products obscuring symbolism;
‘Strictly Come Dancing’ tonight – gown gazing at
what I’ll never wear, steps I cannot do – all

Added to the land of dreams I dance in with noble
lords, princes, kings – where my beloved appears
in a million guises, always true, never staying the
same yet reminding me of you, growing anew with
every fresh picture added

Tonight events will alter scenes but symbolism and
values within remain untouched, pristine dreams of
integrity and high ideals forever living in my heart,
enriched by the things I see; we are free to choose
those on which we want to rest our eyes, I choose

YOU, beloved, an amalgam of dreams…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...