Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Seven Dark Nights of the Soul


It’s not raining, the sun is just hiding, the world is so
dull and grey and so am I, the oral is done, excitement
and challenge of exam is gone, can’t wait to go to sleep
tonight, escape into dreams to awake invigorated, then
tackle the usual office challenges in order to overcome
the threat of the doldrums of despair in which I’m likely
to fall if not careful
 
Disappointment in my own Mr Hyde disrupting my dreams
of becoming Dr Jekyll must not be allowed to influence the
rest of this month, there is still time to start again, try to
finish tables and columns of such exquisite boredom, not
even Terry Pratchett’s hyperbolic similes could describe
it adequately, there are no words for the feelings that well
up in me – or if there is
 
I cannot allow myself to use such expletives, the only
solution is to forge on before I suffocate in this terrible
plague of politico-agricultural document, series upon
series - if I believed that suffering is the only way to go,
it would be easier to do the Via Dolorosa during the
Seven Dark Nights of the Soul…

6 March 2013

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...