Friday, March 8, 2013

A Touch, A Dream, A Wish

Wearing my blue socks with pink roses, a gift for
Nici which she spurned, the socks go beautifully
with the paper doll and trinkets next to my bed,
I should keep my socks there, not hidden in the
cupboard, thinking good-feeling thoughts  about
everything I am no longer embarrassed to admit
my love for all things juvenile

I am once again enthralled with a children’s story
in which the young protagonist exudes innocence,
charm and enthusiasm and applies this in all the
wrong ways which make a perfect world – though
most adults do not agree - but it is only the truly
young who knows what life is really all about and
we can only learn from them

Older people are too lost in dealing with the pain
and disappointment which they were taught is the
right way to live – yet life as a tragedy is a lie, life
is a comedy: a lark, a song, a love, a touch, a dream,
a wish - and only the truly young can give me this

8 March 2013

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...