Saturday, August 25, 2012

Free To Do As I Please

Packing my red cowboy hat, going to visit my sister,
the rose-coloured satin spread for mother’s bed and
the soft pink fleece also, honey and chocolates for
dad, teddy bear and small plastic dolls, I want to
give one each to mom and twin sis, sunscreen
and swimsuit, laptop and camera
 
Pens and notebooks, I shall ask dad for an account
of how he moved with his family from a farm to the
town when he was small, where they lived when he
had to steal coal for cooking and smuggle alcohol 
eke out a meagre living, left school and got a job, got
married though he and mom never got along
 
Jot down our history for my kids, see the mosaics my
twin sis makes for her Rinkle Twinkle shop, hear mom
playing piano, see the wide open fields, feel the free-
dom of unlimited space, live life without pressure and
documents, taking photos for great memories of a
time when I was free to do as I please…
 
Saturday 25 August 2012

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...