Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Only Excitement


Since my car is new I feel it incumbent
upon me to practice for emergencies –
accelerating as the robot changes and
overtaking when slower vehicles bar the
way - I’m not a road-hog - I must know
how to act in difficult situations

I learned slowing down requires moving
slowly back from six to five and so on
to second gear - otherwise confusion
reigns when accelerating is suddenly
required - I respect pedestrians - but
they CAN see my intentions

We enjoy challenging each other, at least
I do and HOPE they do so too- but for my
sins the electric windows would not open
when I entered the parking garage - aha,
a sign from the gods they are dissatisfied
with my prowess on the roads

I shall improve my driving as of now; well,
I always tell myself I shall - but I seldom
take my own advice – maybe this is the
day to change my life, becoming a calm
phlegmatic behind the steering wheel -
NAH - it is the only excitement I have…

(I must be sanguine and melancholic,
doing the right thing does not come 
easily, my feelings get in the way)

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...