Thursday, August 23, 2012

The World In-Between



Finished reading Then Sam Came Along
Edward van de Vendel - consciousness
stream of a 9-year old boy, story moves
too slowly - but the final confrontation is
a great moral lesson, use of language

Is perfect, I’m mesmerised, still in the
world in-between reality pressing the
air out of me and storybook universe
with disputes resolved - I’m willing to
bet this will make a difference to

Sensitive, intelligent kids subliminally
aware of moral issues, yet there is no
helping the block-headed ones who
cannot respond to high ideals, who
suffers too much common-sense

Common-sense blocks magical endings,
Nelson Mandela held to beautiful dreams
of peace instead of the common-sense
notion of an eye for an eye; using Then
Came Sam to teach 9-year olds

Is a brilliant idea - the resolution of the
dispute has me enthralled - I cannot
return to the empty world in which
I live

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...