Thursday, August 2, 2012

I See A New Scene


Physiotherapist advice, neck to be fixed,
moving like an Egyptian backwards only
I See A New Scene for the Government
Service Opera; a line of civil servants in
front of computers - a bell rings and all
move their heads in Egyptian style  

Wagner’s Valkyries arrive on their flying
steeds singing ho-to-jo - and when civil
servants fall forward, dead in their chair,
a Valkyrie flies them to a special Govern-
mental Valhalla where they are treated
to an eternal Governmental Indaba

A Vision and Mission Statement event
at a dusty lodge, endless speeches fol-
lowed by team-building games; all acted
out with great gusto to warn civil servants
not to die in their chairs…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...