Tuesday, August 19, 2008

I Am a Moomintroll

Sought relief in the books of the library,
submerging my mind in The Finn Family
Moomintroll by Tove Jansson, escaping
symptoms of reaction to food and the
loneliness in my office

Preparing to sleep all winter, Moominmamma
served their pine-needle supper on the verandah,
Moominpappa covered the chandelier with a net
to keep it from getting dusty, everyone crept into
a bed to make a cozy nest

They will have wonderful dreams and wake up in
the spring; Moominhouse will turn into a snowball;
the clocks will stop ticking one by one when winter
is come to the Valley of Moomins… my identity
crisis is solved

Now I know who I am – a Moomintroll,
of course; I should be sleeping
all winter long!

Tove Jansson “Finn Family Moomintroll”
(translated by Elizabeth Portch)

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...