Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Pedantic Prowess And Academic Success

Margaret Alice was a most unwelcome addition to
the pedagogic discussion of pedantic prowess and
academic success when the teacher – la grande
dame sans merci – summoned all expo parents
to her class for instruction to participate in
an acclaimed competition

Carolyn did all the work since my efforts at practical
projects proved disastrous before; I don’t excel in
scientific projects with their box-like restrictions; add
to that my rebellion against competitions and making
sales - I called down their wrath by making irreverent
remarks while all the other parents

Glowed with enthusiasm, I was pointedly ignored while
parents talked – the crocodile joined the kids advising
them to pull off a coup by promoting all things organic
as a cure for grumpiness in senior citizens, we started
making funny remarks

Hey, prevent ugliness, eat something organic - afterwards
Nici explained she was ashamed of her mom and I richly
deserved the rebuke I received from the Master of the
Crocodile Castle gesticulating wildly while declaiming
the total failure of the crocodile

To help the kids to excel in all their subjects, he has martyred
himself in directing academic projects in this house, steering
with expertise; the kids being groomed for future success –
while the crocodile is whiling the time away
with limericks and rhymes

That interest nobody else but herself…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...