Monday, August 18, 2008

Starting The Day With Work-on-Hand

We start the day with Work-On-Hand typed on Excel,
I was born for this, that is sure, human life can have
but ONE purpose: To keep account of its every
move on sheets of statistics, as Terry Pratchett
wisely pointed out, the 95 per cent of missing black
matter and unseen energy is all taken up by
administrating the universe – little creatures with
notepads planning and marking every activity;
I still think we should only work two days a week
and use the other three days to keep statistics
of every move we make – hey - wait- we’re
already doing that, you should see the sheets
of statistics in my office – I’m part of the unseen
black matter in the universe, administrating into
infinity – to be born for this, what beautiful
privilege, what wonderful opportunity; being
human means living in a bureaucracy; the
marvel of the human mind – when will the
Vogons finally destroy this administratively
derailed planet of ours? And if the dolphins
reinstate the earth sending fish bowls with
messages, So Long And Thanks For All The
Fish, I won’t return; you can bet on that!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...