Saturday, August 30, 2008

Laughter, The Best Medicine

Laughter, the best medicine – you dug out old MAD
magazines, a few copies of Asterix, and we laughed,
then we saw A Fish Called Wanda and we laughed
hysterically, we saw the old Daan Retief movie of
Staal Burger and his Doedies with their mini-skirts
and calf-high boots; and we laughed, we watched
Leon Schuster and Danie Niehaus and Klein Kaspertjie
Doing Liewe Heksie, Harry Potter as well as Hermione,
how we laughed, we found Terence Hill of Trinity-fame
playing Don Camillo – humour with a tear in the eye;

As long as we can laugh at life and ourselves, we
are happy and free – just now you called me, the Boks
are winning against the Wallabies, and we laughed;
laughing makes me feel divine all the time!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...