Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Modern Day Flying Wonder


Found a picture of the new supergalactic bypass
the Vogon’s wanted to construct, and for which
they destroyed the planet earth, Arthur Dent and
Ford Prefect got away - after 8 years of wandering
the Galaxy

They discovered the earth was back in place – though
it seemed the same, it wasn’t really - as Arthur discovered
on noticing his new girlfriend Fenchurch’s feet didn’t touch
the earth – and he could fly; so they flew outside –
I wonder why

I did not end up on that specific earth, I would have
loved to fly down the passages at work, wearing
my wide black toga, it would have been so much
fun to fly to Kingsley with my files – in through
the window on the fifth floor

Surprising a stupefied Mr Selepe, obtain his signature,
out again and in through the window on the eight floor,
handing all to a dumbstruck Ella; out through the window
and into the air with a whoosh, wildly calling whoopee!
while our Minister

Would be wiping tears of joy away, glad to say this modern
day flying wonder is employed for the administrative glory
of Arts and Culture!

Douglas Adams “Thanks for All The Fish”

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...