Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I’ll Have To Fetch the Fairytales Again…

Yesterday a pizza, laughing at the gods’ decree
that I shouldn’t have any, then Nici came home
with flap-jacks made at school, recrimination in
her eyes when I refused to partake, so I had two

All seemed fine, watching TV - suddenly found
nothing made sense any more, it was So You Think
You Can Dance, for Pete’s sake, not an intellectual
challenge at all, yet suddenly all seemed

Much too droll; I felt like running away, screaming
at the top of my voice for the discomfort in my ears,
my friend the Allergy making sure I don’t get too
swollen a head because life is running smoothly

I managed to work on documents today; hubby
helped Tiaan with his picture story and coloured
some pictures for him, his colleague did the same
for his little boy also; Nici refuses to divulge

Any info on her school tasks to keep her overzealous
dad at bay; I fled with the notebook into my room, far
from the blaring TV, faced with a choice between
Swami Prabhupada and Kate Turkington

I’m at a loss – I’ll have to fetch the Fairytales again,
reread my favourite classics, there is nothing else…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...