Tuesday, September 16, 2008

There Is A Tavern In The Town

One of the songs that lifts my spirit when I’m
down, in the end it always makes me laugh,
I visualize a friend who always got angry when
her husband went drinking on his own

“There is a tavern in the town, where my true
love sits him down, and drinks his wine ‘midst
laughter free, and never, ever thinks of me!”
It is a jolly melody, makes me want to dance

A jig, get hold of friends and wine and serenade
everyone - “Drink, drink, drink, to eyes that are
bright as the stars as they shine in the sky…
May those lips that are red and sweet

Tonight with joy my own lips meet!” I see Mario
Lanza belting out this song in the Student Prince;
I think, I see him serenading a beautiful Jeanetta
MacDonald who stares at him

With shiny eyes and Marilyn Monroe hair, before
she pouts at him – then the story derails, I visualize
a funny scene, her stumbling on her way downstairs,
the audience laughing and general chaos

While Mario Lanza catches her most adroitly
in his arms - gone is the headache,
I’m laughing again!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...