Saturday, September 13, 2008

Staring At Pictures

Two o’clock in the morning, been slumbering on
the floor, then nightmarish images woke me, my
back still sore, the chicken salad I ate brought forth
terrible allergy symptoms, backache, frustrated
irritation with noise, depression – if only I could
move into a feeling of anger, red aggression always
feels better than cold, black, disabling depression

Managed to escape earlier tonight by blaming the
movie on TV; one time when I was eight, we had
Taystee Wheat for breakfast, remember because
it tasted funny to me, and afterwards my head
disintegrated into black pulp, my mind became a
burning slate and I escaped by climbing into the
enormous bin full of old magazines and reading

Amidst waves of pain, reading to pass the blackness
within my head, sometimes I could stare at pictures
only when I really felt bad, so being able to read
was a sign of a lighter reaction; tonight I tried to
read also - it didn’t work - what did the unholy
pagans put in their chicken salad to cause me this
pain, how soon shall I feel better again?

At least, the Children’s Encyclopedia by Arthur Mee
gave me good things to see, such as the mermaid
above…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...