Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Tiaan Only Thirteen

Tiaan only thirteen
taller than I – vulnerable
hurt himself beginning to shave
never had sympathy before
know better now
bitten by a dog this weekend
size no guarantee of safety

Still pull my fingers through his hair
kiss his cheek
discovered his powerful new male voice
never struck me before
in spite of three brothers
can’t believe how he is
growing away from me

a new self-conscious attitude
no longer a cuddly little boy
I love him – still think
he will be a success
long for the smaller version
trusting his mom to take care of him
this new independence shocks

Pray he will always be my little boy
huggable – seriously a-social like his mom
who refuses to invite friends
prefers reading and computer games –
wanting the best for him so like me
no strange foods no friends…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...