Sunday, September 14, 2008

Learn To Knit In Standard One

All my classmates, in the first row : Etienne Frans Hattingh,
Danie, Jan, second row: Petro, Martie Small, Barbara, Karla,
Elaine, Els Diepeveen next to me - looking askance; Martie
Medium , at the end of the row, Laurette known as Lola,
next row: Isabel May, Amanda, Jansie Lourens, Karen,
Hester Brandt, Henriëtte, Ada Bean, Natasja Benade,
last row – Leon, Charles, Willy, Adolf, Hendrik, Jonathan
Lunenburg and Miss van Rensburg

When we were eight, my twin sister and I, we had to
learn knitting in standard one, I trembled and shivered,
so did my sister, we simply couldn’t master the art of
knitting at all - my mother declared she had taught
us embroidery and knitting when we were small, really small,
before we were four years old - Why couldn’t we remember
at all? In any case, one of the boys forced to sit next
to me pushed me

From my seat into the passage; while my sister and I
hated knitting classes – what a horrible year; filled with
fear - the year we were eight years old, in standard one,
instead of books we had files, mine was a mess,
as for the rest – it’s history…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...