Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Why I Am A Crocodile

The oldest region in the brain –
the stem, resembling the brain of
reptiles, determining alertness,
regulating body processes
like breathing and heartbeat,
preceding mammals by
200 million years

Controls breathing, heart rate
and fight or flight mechanism,
instinctual and ritualistic impulses,
fundamental needs – survival and
maintenance, emerging from the
spinal column at the
base of the skull

Emotions - love, hate, fear, lust,
contentment, emanate from it;
sophisticated reasoning and
intellectual capacity for rational
thought were later added,
the reptilian brain overrides
rational brain components

My reptilian brain feelings are strong
overriding all rational thought, it snaps
at me if I do not serve its needs,
it needs constant emotional
stimulation sought in strange
perspectives on intellectual
information

Not fitting into sophisticated
mammal society, being irrational
completely, the crocodile bends
light rays to see a totally different
picture than that which other people
claim they can see…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...