Friday, September 12, 2008

My Head Will Be Preserved

Suddenly the crocodile HAS to
sort her documents, what to keep
and what to throw away

the brain game we played indicated
I have difficulty with administration
because I never use a consistent

sorting system, one day I file
chronologically, the next day
subject seems the best choice

in the end nothing makes sense,
in this confusion I feel my head
contracting as if being shrunk

by a primitive race who preserve
heads this way – my head will be
perfectly preserved, it is shrinking

on a daily basis, sorting gives me a
headache, lately I learnt I inherited
this from my dad

he throws things in one heap to start
sorting, becomes confused and throw
them back in his cupboard

I’ve stopped sorting for today…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...