Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Musical Spirit – Wednesday 21 March 2012

I finished reading ‘Get a Life Without the Strife’ by Fred
and Florence Littauer and instead of jumping straight into
The Bible Code by Michael Drosnin as was the plan, I
redid Tim LaHaye’s temperament chart and combined
the result with the personality type questionnaires in the
Littauer’s book; and I am very gratified by the results

For some strange reason – maybe because my focus was
on my studies while my friends focused on their social lives -
I used to seem a choleric and sanguine person when doing
these questionnaires at university, but now that experience
has tested my mettle, I prove to be tolerant – a phlegmatic
trait - and melancholic - arts and music is my life

I am not very sanguine, an invariably cheerful attitude at
work is a mask to hide my fluctuating emotions; and I have
no choleric traits – no desire to take charge of others - well,
that’s a relief, I thought my life a disaster for not meeting
expectations - at school I lived my mother’s life – sang
and played piano for her, but after leaving home

I found though it was great to sing in choirs because I adore
music, I dislike mingling with the people involved; I love songs
but cannot perform for others; at school performance was for
and with my mother, without her I am an a-social melancholic
person; prefer being behind the scenes, love writing,
dreaming and singing on my own - music as is

Shocked to discover on taking a translation job that rhythm and
sound of language meant nothing, only the meaning and rules
of grammar counted at all; it is incomprehensible why music
should be the love of my life yet I cannot master it so as to
make it my source of income - luckily the job of official
translator for the Department of Arts and Culture

Offers enough opportunity to listen to the music made by the
various languages which provide the lyrics for songs, giving
me the chance to sing along – thus it is enough to keep
my musical spirit resonating until I might master
the art of poetry…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...