Thursday, March 15, 2012

Scintillating Humour & Ice-cold Refusal


French class is cancelled, I remain stuck in my
little space, faced with administration, Tim LaHaye
is ready to tell me about temperament and marital
presence, the last thing I want to hear today, a forced
break have me enjoying phrases by Terry Pratchett
like a gourmet enjoying culinary delights

The cool spearmint of Pratchett’s scintillating humour
makes the heavy meals of Cataclysmic Egyptian events
more palatable while I’m spicing my Bibliotherapy with
the mixed chocolate and strawberry ices provided by
the temperament theories of Tim LaHaye

“Igneous had always found the general denial more
reliable than the specific refutation” – and I am even
more amused by “If you want to be successful in the
criminal world, you need a reputation for honesty”

Ohmygoodness, this is wisdom indeed, I love it!


Feet of Clay - Terry Pratchett – Victor Gollancz, 1996
p. 81


Ice-cold Refusal

Act of God Graham Phillips - a very academic
account, the first 200 pages are bone dry but
I forged on, set on reaching wonderful theories
about cataclysm & history, nearly did not make
it, getting buried under a dearth of facts, names,
funerary rites, conventional Egyptology

Ice-cold refusal to consider Graham Hancock
theories about pyramid age determined by
precipitation marks - all irrelevant, I'm only
guided by a need for the enthusiasm of the
inspired researcher but the first 200 pages
fail to touch the reader

After suffocating in a desert of words, names,
facts and conjectures, the author promises to
prove that the Egyptian events were the effect
of ancient cataclysms, I hope to reach this part
of the academic dissertation before losing my
mind in boring reams of facts

It’s clear why maverick Zechariah Sitchin
is so much more interesting to read, especially
when one has no use for the ancient lore
in designing a dreamy life...

Act of God - Graham Phillips, Pan Books, 1988

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...