Friday, February 11, 2011

A Word Game

Velvet waves of words in cascades washing over
me, causing pain, I stopped reading when it was
conclusively proven the missives were not inten-
ded to contain significant meaning

Were just a word game you played after mastering
the technique of speech, you gurgled like a baby
enjoying the romance with your newly born self,
charming all who came to admire you

While I mistakenly thought the meaning I saw
was inherent in your thoughts - only to learn
to my chagrin that I added the meaning and
importance to what I saw

You were just delighted that your thrilling song
could entice and seduce without your having
to think about anything at all…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...