Friday, February 18, 2011

All Alone

Why is it pain never loses its grip on us, why does
each new instance of rejection and criticism feel
just as bad as the first time - why do I feel it eating
into my heart, destroying self-esteem and making
my deepest dreams disintegrate?

Why is it when we think someone is a friend and
that person ups and leaves, we feel bad, just like
the first time - I don’t know why it should be so,
the only solution is to be the fool my brother
claims I am – given the circumstances

Who can blame me for running away – or could you
expect me to stick around for some more humiliation,
I cannot - even if it is the moral imperative; the empti-
ness tonight after failing every test and losing every
overt dream – though those inside are still safe –

Reminds me of my first years on earth when I thought
life awful and meaningless; today I know it is true, but
I also know we are free to assign any meaning we
want to life - only since we are all alone, nobody
will share it with us…


No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...