Monday, February 7, 2011

Follow Progress Blindly

A quick stroll, picking green leaves and fili-
gree-patterned grass for the office, listening
to rolling thunder growling at us wondering
what is bothering the weather
so much –

I am suffering the after effects of feasting,
what could be upsetting the weather so
much? Authors say people’s thoughts
and moods are reflected in the weather,
could it be the terrible poverty

Of the squatter-camps that is picked up
and repeated in the angry grumbling of
the weather? - I wonder why it should be
impossible for my people in Africa to share
income and privileges equally

Why traditional kingship systems endure in
autocratic rulers repressing populations,
unable to create democracy? Yet, our
joie de vivre is so much higher than the
more sophisticated nations like China

And Germany, maybe we should retain
some aspects of our recipe, not simply
follow progress blindly…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...