Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Core is Sweet (Rev.)

Criticism, rivers of criticism, swaying in rivers of
criticism, staying sweet within the stream, that is
my dream, letting the bitter criticism wash over
me without growing bitter myself, I did my best,
it was not good enough, my best has never been
enough before, how could it be good enough now

I do not care about the rivers of criticism, though it
feels like despair when Holier-Than-Thou’s words
wash over me till my ears ring, though I must admit
guilt, promise never to commit the same iniquitous
sin again, it does not matter, the only thing that counts
is awareness of beauty and harmony within

The strength and power of mind and spirit is untouched,
nothing outside can invade the citadel of my mind, held
in the safety of the visions I cherish within, I listen and
make lists of duties and fill in forms and agree to any
conditions set for my existence - while the music in
my heart and soul is untouched

Growing sweeter by comparison to the discordant
cacophony of criticism without, the pristine cathedral
of my mind, fortified by the best thoughts, dreams and
spiritual systems I could find, my fortress invisible, the
breastplate is faith, based on the random universe of
quantum physics and Eastern Mysticism

The core is sweet and will grow sweeter still
as I continue life’s quest…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...