Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Cried About The Loss Of Your Little Hands

For Tiaan
In a reflex action I wiped your hands
when we shared an illegal treat in
front of the library – wiping the icing
as I used to do when you were small

And found to my dismay that not only
were you taller than me, your hands
had grown so big – and I felt foolish,
caught in a time-warp, still wishing

To touch my little boy whereas he is
gone, in his place YOU have come, I’ve
lost my little disciple, my little boy
with his high-pitched voice

You are tall and immobile, I cannot
pick you up as I did before; I’m sad once
again about the growth process that
changed a little thing into big you

Much as I understand that’s the normal
course of life, today I cried about the loss
of your little hands…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...