Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A Quick Pick-Me-Up

While sitting here, being of unusual
bad cheer, quite stupefied to feel as
if I should have died last night in my
sleep; I suddenly remembered
yesterday’s dastardly deed:

The illegal treat I bought for my son
and me and devoured in front of the
library, made from flour and icing and
containing custard also, suffering the
consequences – I know

I’m supposed never to eat what I crave
I must live like a slave to a healthy
regimen and a certain diet – but when
I’m hungry and weak and it takes so
long to get to dinnertime

My self-control falls away and I
desperately seek a quick
pick-me-up…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...