Monday, May 5, 2008

The Pure And Sublime



Life is a search for meaning, a permanent struggle
against fatigue and loneliness, headache and
heartache and nihilism surfacing, a quest for the
final victory over feelings of inadequacy, a
dramatic attempt to overcome the darkness that
wells up from deep within the mind of me – I
believe we were born to overcome – but darn,
I didn’t know it would require a permanent internal
war with only phases of victory, short periods of
overcoming, before falling back into the blackness
that hides beneath – just eat the wrong food, think
the wrong thought, take the wrong turn, and all
falls down, overcome by the plague of mental
dyspepsia and spiritual dyslexia, reading the signs
of the universe all wrong, losing sight of benevolence
and imprinting malevolence onto everything and
everyone, creating chimeras in the mind, creating
our own devils and hellish abodes in our mind – my
life is a lifelong struggle to gain control of my mind,
and I am amazed by how bad my learning curve
looks, I’m determined to focus on fun, the fun of
creation, the elation of discovery and insight gained
by focusing with all my might on all that is beautiful
as well as the pure and sublime….


(Photo of my mother on top and me below - the torch is handed from one generation to the other, the quest goes on...)


No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...