Thursday, May 8, 2008

Oooooooooo Marvelous

Ooooooo marvelous, the headache has been suppressed by the pills, my work ethic is non-existent, so here goes for a special note from FAD to her beloved friend, the King of the North:

Dearest King, The day is very beautiful and I stood for a long time looking at mermaids in a shop, studying their little faces and choosing the prettiest to adorn my office – and after the long period of deliberation, the over-keen till-man threw my mermaid back – her arm is broken, I studied the little face and never noticed – and ordered another be brought – now she sits in my office, the sweetest expression on her little face, a shining crown on her head, playing a fiddle as she stares out to sea…

People cannot understand that I like cheap figurines depicting sweet expressions more than diamonds and jewels, anything only ever has value according to its degree or unique sweetness – that is why I own no jewellery. I always dreamt of cultivating the mind and soul as adornment instead of looking for outer and external accoutrements, but I’m afraid I have fallen short of my own ideals what with my losing my work ethic when I eat foods that I’m intolerant of. At school and university I forced myself to work and study in spite of being ill by running on tension and adrenaline, always living in a state of abject fear, but nowadays I take painkillers and ignore the world, only dreaming great visions as soon as the symptoms permit.

You might be very shocked by my attitude, dearest King, but I cannot live in terror any more, forcing myself to carry on when I feel ill with allergies – I have given up fighting the fatigue and greyness; I prefer taking things easily. I hope you are not angry because I can’t force myself to work when I’ve eaten the wrong stuff, and right now I’m remembering your poem about a deep well that you fill up with good wishes and then swipe of the top layer and dive in yourself – how lovely that image sounds in my mind, and how I dive into the beauty you have created!

With all my love and affection and cyberhugs,
FAD and the Southern Scribe.

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...