Thursday, December 3, 2009

Ian and Steenberg

*
An old friend of my brother, he was
allowed into the inner sanctuary, I
would never allow any friends in to
see the shame of what was

I’m older now, nightmares are done,
older ghosts come knocking here, I
am not allowed to look at darkness
in the past, my new guardian

Fear those who never knew I was there,
no-one cared, all caught up fighting for
existence, quite oblivious to anyone
who did not hold a club

Yet I must look back again just to know
what was going on, make my peace, say
goodbye, leave the fear behind, find my
brother, find him back, hold his hand

Find the joy that should be ours; I want to
fight the campaign to reinstate Margaret
Alice grandmother par excellence
in her place...
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...