Thursday, December 24, 2009

Gates To Keep Us Safe

*
Got my first cell phone that can take photos
for Christmas, photographing everything, the
garden, the gate, Odalisque, inside, the fairies,
the nativity scene

It feels like magic to me, just as the embossed
booklet I played with when I was small, equivalent
to the Magic Flute* that brought power to me, when
I hold my phone

I feel like a witch who has power beyond compare,
this is what technology means to mankind, surprised
that our many iron gates to keep us safe look so good
on photographs!


* Magic Flute – Mozart’s Opera, I did not know what
it was about, but ran everywhere with bits of shiny
paper, playing it had magic powers

*

2 comments:

Matt Dioguardi (matt at shadow of iris) said...

Thank you for your wonderful blog. Merry Christmas!!

Margaret Alice said...

Thank you for reading and making comments, Matt, you become a motivator that keeps me inspired to write - and Merry Christmas to you also!

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...