Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Lack In Conversation

*
Yesterday my twin complained people at work
treat her without respect, do not listen to her, I
explained it is because you do not treat them
respectfully yourself, she replied she did not
care for my argument

She does not accept responsibility for the effects
of her deeds, she will not change anything, she
wants to do everything in the same way and the
world around her must change, she insists upon
it, she says life is a defeatist game

She just wants to become an island, she wants
to contemplate fate casting her as a pawn, she
refuses to consider that anything that ever hap-
pens to her or mother or father is caused by
their own acts and behavior

By blaming others for everything, my sister allows
the emotional blackmail mom and dad use on her,
they control her by claiming to be dying and then
dances to any tune they dictate, like a puppet
on a string and she gets angry with me

For not doing the same, for trying to show her the
light of freedom and rational choice, for choosing
to behave in a way that others can respect, but
she says she is not interested in anything I say
that rather makes for a lack

In conversation, I think…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...