Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Dream For Infinity

*
When we got back Linah was waiting
for us like the goddess of love, her little
grandchild, Jabu, smiling at her side

Tiaan insisted on weighing Jabu, fifteen
kilograms, five of it must be her hair,
Martin declared; - Nici was white

Sick with the flue, Willem had left, an
angel in disguise, he makes Nici happy
tells Tiaan the secrets of the universe

I adore my family, I love that they forgive
me for messing up, for getting help to do
the washing and clean the dishes

I love it that Martin wants the best for
every child, drives us everywhere, for-
gives me for falling asleep instead of

Keeping him company, I love my sister
for taking care of my parents, for serving
my mother as if she were a queen

For presenting her with boiled water and
everything she requires to fulfil her dreams
of being a prophet of the most High

For spending days at a state hospital to get
help for my father; for not understanding that
her problems with Grandma Alice was due to

Her own rebellion; or that mother’s inability to
admit that grandma did all the work which en-
abled mother to pose as a pillar of society

Caused serious mental problems – I forgive them
all for making me into a simpleton, I am the happiest
fool that has ever been, my life is filled with wonders

The first being that grandma Alice loved me and my
brothers and sisters so much – and loved her own
kids, my uncle and mother, so much

She gave her life for us all – lives dearly bought –
a treasure, charmed, wonderful – a dream
for infinity...
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...