Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thank You Michelle!

*
I tried to compose a poem about the
wonder of it all, Unseen Academicals
was overpoweringly good, I love his
satirizing celebrities describing their
favourite spoon

The explanation of the rules of the game
called foot-the-ball, I love Mustrum Ridcully
and his good humour even more than before
I find Ponder Stibbons terribly pedantic and
self-righteous

I love the Department for Afterlife Studies i.e.
Necromancy, I love professor Hix and his duty
of being evil, I like it that Juliet shines and floated
into the air, I love six-foot iron heels and troll clubs
with flowers on them

In short, I love EVERYTHING Terry Pratchett
put in there!

I marvel at his depiction of love poetry and the desired effect
in the swain’s absence, being the precondition for it to work
I love Glenda’s analysis of romantic novels and her clever
application thereof and how she laughed at the wizards
and their pretensions

But most of all, my FAVOURITE favourite is the dramatic
Uberwald quotes recited by Nutt and his self-analysis in
Jungian style is hilarious –

The more Pratchett satirizes the absurd claim of knowledge
of the subject psychology which is schizophrenic as we all
know; the more he points out how little we know!

Thank you for entrusting your treasured book to me,
I shall cherish my copious notes and
reread with glee

Warmest regards, M.

Terry Pratchett “Unseen Academicals”
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...